Part of the fun of genealogy is discovering the famous
people you're related to. Here is an ever-growing list of famous cousins
in my family tree -- their names can be easily found in the surname index.
- John Lloyd Balderson -- Writer whose stage works
provided the basis for the 1931 film Dracula and who co-adapted the
1931 film Frankenstein.
- John Bartram -- Royal Botanist for the Colonies
-- married Ann Mendenhall.
- Daniel Boone -- Frontiersman & Diplomat --
descendent of Francis Yarnall.
- General Smedley D. Butler -- Recipient of two
Congressional Medal of Honors.
- William Frederick "Wild Bill" Cody -- descendent
of George Maris.
- Abraham Lincoln -- 16th President of US -- descendent
of Sarah Edge & Thomas Bowater.
- George B. McClellen -- General-in-Chief USA --
- Tim Minear -- Executive Story Editor for The
X-Files TV series -- also worked as Executive Story Editor on Lois
and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.
- Richard Milhous Nixon -- 37th President of US
-- descendent of Thomas Mendenhall.
- Christopher Cadwallader Pennock -- Actor for
32 years, familiar to daytime soap opera viewers for his roles in General
Hospital, Guiding Light, and Dark Shadows.
- Herbert Jeffris "Herb" Pennock -- Baseball Hall-of-Famer
-- descendent of Christopher Pennock.
- Joshua Pusey -- Philadelphia Attorney who invented
the first book of matches in 1892.
- Isaac Ridgeway Trimble -- Major General CSA wounded
at the Battle of Gettysburg.
- Horatio Connell -- (1876-1936) one of the leading oratorio and concert artists in the British Isles in early 1900's. Click here for an MP3 sample of his work (Please note: this file was created from a very old LP and isn't the best quality. It should open in Windows Media Player).
Enter the Surname Archive
Last updated July 7, 2020